Saturday, December 20, 2008

Experience in Housekeeping

It has been really a tiring exposure program even though Elieen and I had fun at Housekeeping Department, Mecure Roxy Hotel for the past five days. We had learnt a lot from the Housekeeping department. We two were enjoying ourselves throughout the five days.

Day 3


We were attached to one of the supervisors, Ivy Auntie, who was a Singaporean. We seem to get along with her well and easily. She is a very out-going person. She shared a lot of her past years experience and we were listening to her with curiosity! Haha. We followed her to supervise the room's cleanliness and tidiness. Now, I roughly know how to check the rooms as a supervisor. Ha-ha!! We even went for lunch together with Ivy Auntie at the canteen. On the second half of the day, we two were attached to the Assistant Exe Housekeeper, Ms Tan for a while. She shared with us how to handle real life special situations that happened in the hotel- housekeeping department. On that day, the Head of housekeeping dept was on half day leave. We also requested to Ms Tan to let us go early as Eileen has CYA-airport duties to attend while I was rushing to meet the 3Cs for early dinner at Parkway Parade. After that, I went to watch the CO concert at NYA with CY and Joey. Joey's friend could not make it last minute as he was sick. So we wasted one ticket. The concert was quite nice. I love the songs especially 菊花台 by the guzheng ensemble as it reminds me of the times during secondary 1 and 2 when I was in guzheng club. I also missed the times when I was in SYF band competition when I was in sec4. The feeling of standing on the stage, making music with your team mates!


Day4


We were attached to the laundry department in Housekeeping. Madam Salmah is a very nice person too. However, she is more likely to ask us help her do things like collect and send laundry to and from guest rooms. We feeling so excited initially as we can go into guest rooms with the card on hand in order to collect and send the laundry. We felt so honored that the hotel management trust us so much that they borrow us the key card to all the 500plus rooms for doing the task. However, one concern was that we were so afraid to meet some troublesome guests and who is going to be responsible if we had done something wrong like send to wrong rooms etc.


Day 5


Today, which is the last day of attachment, we followed one of the supervisors, Jack, again. We followed him on the first day. He explained many things related to his tasks too. He also shared is us what are the some problems that he met such as he is keen to go for English courses before he become supervisor officially but it seems like the management keeps delaying. Hope Jack and other Chinese speaking workers will have more chance to excel in English language in the coming months. ^ ^ After that, we were invited by the Executive Housekeeper, Mrs. Lee, to dine at Feast at East buffet restaurant. We had a big feast today!!! I had chocolate fondue, mango pudding, durian paste and cake. Durian paste is the most famous signature dessert for this restaurant. I will recommend this restaurant to u all… It's really delicious but a bit pricey for dinner. After lunch, we went to Mrs. Lee's office for information sharing session by Mrs. Lee. We really learnt a lot more today about what is the role of Executive Housekeeper.

fio in formal wear

I really hate Loong's 假设性relationship question man! I still remembered last time he used to ask me what if the guy whom I like stay in Jurong, will I be with him? It came true! Now he asked me what if Kenneth confessed to me when we were watching movies and hold my hand. What will I do? Now it somehow come true half of it. He passed me a gift before we left. It' a shirt from body nits. He puts in effort in preparing this gift as he used paper strips tear from magazines and placed it inside the box with the shirt. I asked him why he bought for me. He said because he likes me. I was trying to avoid this answer. Before he went offline just now, he said the same thing again. I don't know how to handle this anymore. I know clearly I am not suitable to be in relationship now. I don't have the mood to do so. I feel that it's better to be single for the moment. I told Loong about how my feeling towards him on Tuesday night online. He seems to be persuading me to go for relationship with Kenneth now but I have my own stand. I prefer to go out with guy and gal friends now but not boyfriend now. I started to feel awkward when he said that to me tonight.

No comments: