Tuesday, December 16, 2008

2nd day of Housekeeping Exposure Program

It was a boring day in the first half of the day as the Executive Housekeeper of the hotel wants us to attach to the Housekeeper co-ordinator who is the one answering all the internal and external phone calls. We were sitting beside the HK co-ordinator and observe what she was doing. We were observing her ever since before the lunch break until one plus in the noon after the break. We went to NTUC supermarket with the Executive Housekeeper after lunch break for a while as there were two staffs that were hospitalised. Coincidentally, they are in the same hospital. We went to help and shop for some fruits. That was super heavy. The three of us each carry a very heavy bag back to the hotel.


During the second half of the day, we were instructed to count the number of torchlight in the 3 big boxes for her. That was really a tough process as we were wearing skirt and had to squat down to do the counting since we can't carry the boxes up. After that, we went into the Executive HK's office to have a chat. She had shared a lot of information with us regarding the whole hotel's operation. I am now clearer with the whole picture. She even went through the Profit and loss statement for room department with us! So shocking when I knew that as it was considered a private document of the company. I am now feeling very tired as I had not been sleeping well last night. I thought I could sleep so well since I was tired but I tossed in my bed till 1plus I think. Tomorrow has to report at 8am, which means I have to wake up by 6.15am to do my hair. Then I will be meeting the 3Cs for early dinner at Marine Parade since Mercure Roxy is just located opposite Parkway Parade. CY will be joining me, my cousin and her friend for Chinese Orchestra concert at NYP tml night. Hope it will be worth watching or else it will be a waste of my energy and time….


No comments: