Monday, April 23, 2007

Overview of TP

On last thurs and fri(19/4/07-20/4/07), it was my school orientation. Actually, i still had not recover not sickness by thurs yet i insisted to attend the event. I was very determined because i didn't want to miss the fun and miggling with friends. I felt really terrible on the first day because of nose block, cough and sore throat. Finally, really could not "tahan" already. I went to see my family doctor after i had my dinner at home. My mum accompanied there as i was really tired after the shouting and dancing in school. I really like the TP mass dance and chicky dance!!! It was really fun to dance around with my classmates. I really didn't regret going for the orientation. My class SL are jasmine and yingxiu. They are really nice leaders who mix well with us and keep encouraging us to interact more with one another. I was really surprised that jasmine is of the same age as me. Intially, i thought she is in year 3 this year. haha! On that day, we also had a inter-business school cheering competition. And.... The winner goes to H H HTM!!!! H H HTM!!! ------- Hospitality and Tourism Management.........YEAH! I was really happy as i cheered on that day even my throat wasn't really well. So.... My effort wasn't wasted!!! Hehe...

On the second day of the orientation, we met our care person and gave us our matriculation card which is used to access in some places of TP. On the later part of second day, it was the inter- schools olympia competition. There were many of my classmates went to participate in various games. That is way i didn't manage to talk to some of them until today, i got the chance to see all my classmates. I had intended to go home before the dragonboat competition starts but i chose to stay and watch. The student union told us that business school is the overall champion for the past 2 years. It was really amazing that Business school won again this year!!! The students from business school really put in a lot of effort in order to win in every games. Yeah!!! Well done everyone....

Today-23/04/07, it was my first day of school at TP. I find that the timetable for first week is really free and easy as there will not be any tutorial lessons. So today, my class started from 9-10am and 2-4pm. In between, there wre four hours break. I went to tour around the school with a group of friends. The library is really cool as it's 10 stories high which is the second tallest library in Singapore. We can even watch movies on the 4th storey. We were slightly late for the lecture at 9am as we chose to wait for some of my classmates who were late. Luckily, the lecturer didn't mark us as late.... Or else 3 times late will be consider as absent. See, the school is really strict on punctualilty. As for the communication skills tutuorial at 2pm, i felt really tired and sleepy when the lecturer was talking. He is from China but he went to NY to work before. I find that his voice is quite monotonous as many of my classmates also feel sleepy. Haiz, no choice... I've to be focus and pay full attention in lesson from tomorrow onwards!!! By the way, i will only be studying from 4-6pm for this tues and wed only. Really slack right? So i'll be working on wed evening... Haha!

No comments: