Thursday, March 12, 2009

Up! Your Service Course

I went for Up! Your service enrichment course as make-up lesson. The original slot was actually on Monday and Tuesday, 9th and 10th. I couldn't make it as i need to prepare for the SLG presentation.
Luckily, Sarah helped me to ask the tutor on my behalf and i can actually attend a make-up session.
I feel that the class was more interesting yesterday as the tutors are very interactive as compared to today's one. One of the tutors in our class yesterday was a counsellor in the area of future studies. He made recommendations about what are the possible routes that i can take when i graduate from TP. Probably social sciences route in local uni??
When i received a sms from TP, i was very disappointed with my own Sem 2.2 results. It's really hard to score as i really had put in my best effort to score as high as possible. I was disappointed with Finance Acc as i only got a Bplus as i thought an A might be possible initially. Club, Resort, Spa's paper is also a killer, i still maintain a Cplus even i thought i could have done well for the final exam paper. I was quite stunned to know that i got a Cplus for my elective, Tourism Cullture and Society as i heard from my group mates that the tutor said my individual culture report was not too bad with only bits of plagarism. Travel and Transport Business is as expected to be a C as we all know we can't score well there. Contemporary Special Interest Tourism is a B same as Festival Event Mangement. So overall, there are 1Bplus, 2 Bs, 2Cplus, 1 C. This caused my GPA to fall even further from 3.42 to 3.37 and finally to 3.24.
My mood was really bad once my service course ended yesterday. Initially, i hope to meet him but he seems to be quite sick, so i didn't wish to disturb him resting. I knew he was worried about me. I also couldn't control my emotions well so i chose to return back home to take a nap.
Today, i met the course leader for Finance Acc while i was on my way to TP's bookshop. Surprisely, she remembered me as i was in her lecture class only. She asked about how's my Finance Acc results and i told her a Bplus. She said not too bad but i personally may have a higher expectations.
Many people consoled me not to be disappointed and i am trying to let this burden down if not i will kanna depression sooner or later....
Once i received the sms from TP yesterday, i have been considering if i should quit from working PT once sch starts. I told myself to decide in a later time but it seems like my boss need my schedule for the period when sch starts on April 20. So i finally gave her a msg about quitting after my course ended. I was surprised that she said no worries. However, i was very concerned about how my boss felt cuz right from the start, she told me that she's looking for permenant part timers yet i have to quit halfway.

No comments: