Sunday, September 6, 2009

SIP started

It has been a week that my student internship started. Up till now, i still haven't fully adapt to the daily routine. I need to wake at at 7am daily as more time is needed for preparation in the morning such as make-up, change clothes etc...

For the first week of SIP, i realised that most of the people at Citystate Holidays are quite friendly. It is a very nice environment for interns to gain many useful tips and knowledge that is related to the travel industry.

On the first day of our Orientation, Purdee and I were quite bored at the later part of the day as we sat at our workplace from 1-6pm to read up all the company related cruise brochures.... It was really a boring day which time flew very slowly!!!

For the past 4 days, Purdee and I had been helping our Manager of the Cruise Dept to do admin related work such as printing, checking and filing of documents. Sarah is very nice to us as she gave us a lunch treat on Wednesday at Amoy Food Centre. We ate seafood such as toufou, symbal crayfish and sweet n sour pork. I like the crayfish a lot as the owner removed the shells for us! So delicious!! There are so many delicious food there but most of the stalls will have a long long queue. That's y Purdee and I don't really like to walk there as it is some distance away from our office.

For the 1st week of intern, i was very contented as i had Purdee to accompany me the whole day. However, she will be going over to the other side of the retail store which is about 5 minutes walk away from the main office. I will be staying at the office to assist the cruise depart.

I have to work on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of the month. However, on the 19th and 20th of sept, there will be a travel fair which Purdee and I have to be involved... Although it's going to be very tiring (no off days for me for the coming 3 Saturdays)>< , I can earn extra money... hahahha...

Coming Monday, I think i will be quite lonely if i stil stayed at the current seat... Wondering if i have people to accompany me for lunch from tml onwards... There is one graduate from Tourism Academy of Sentosa, who is very friendly.... Hope i can learn more tips from her during this trip... hahaha...

Since the day which i went out to eat dinner with dear after work, i doubt i will want to go out after work during weekday. I really can feel my body aching, insufficient rest... Very tired.... I guess is the travelling part which makes me very tired. From tanjong pagar to my workplace, it is quite a distance way. The heels which also adds on to my physical tiredness.... That's y i went to buy a flat shoes for myself yesterday. I will wear that flat shoes at least twice a day so that my feet will not be suffering throughout the 5 months.

No comments: